As always, I didn't push myself hard. I realize I probably should at times but I enjoy running but don't like to be out of breath, which I rarely am these days. My left hip was hurting slightly (think that was from all the fun Zumba classes this past week) Got into my groove, told myself there were a few runners in front of me I needed to pass (one lady I remember from a previous 8k last year and we kept passing one another - 2nd lady who beat me at a 5K a few months ago) I did slow down and speak to both of them though) Only delay was coming to a fork in the road (well, actually 2 forks in the road) without any volunteer there to direct. I ended up yelling at a couple of women who were walking the neighborhood "Excuse me, did you see any runners come by recently" - how bad THEY had to direct me. Then we came to another 4 way stop with no volunteer, but there was a couple run/walking the race and the man had a map in his pocket. This was one of two gripes with this race. On the positive side, plenty of water stations, 2 "spritzer" stations and lots of cheering along the route. Negative side, the announcement stage was set up on the wrong side of the finish line. Those who had finished and were listening were just standing in the way of the "slower" runners coming through the finish line. Had to weave my way through. Overall satisfied with my results considering. I believe my next 10k in is September (Salem Lake) and I just want to improve on my time from last year.
Overall results for this race :
Finish time : 1:27:54
Placed 443 out of 459
How frustrating to have to ask for directions. That happened to me when I ran a 5K in a town I don't live in. They told us at the start that we would split paths from the 10K runners, but I had no idea when, where or which way to go. I lost time on what I was hoping would be a PR because of it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your race! Getting in a groove is a great feeling, right?!? :)
Indeed it is. Just hope I can keep up with that groove :)
ReplyDelete