The morning was pretty cold (and a little bit of rain/mist during the whole race) but for me it was perfect temps. Long sleeve shirt and shorts b/c I knew the coldness would help my already aching upper legs (boot camp it catching up with me)
I didn't set a PR but I did finish under 40 minutes, which is my general goal for every 5K I do. Finishing time was 37:54 Race was was Bur-Mil park (which I run often) so knew what to expect (hills, etc) Also two friends joined me for this race so that always makes my heart happy!
Race break next weekend (too many other events going on) then another 5K on April 23rd....leading me in to the last week of April and my trip to KY for the Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon (half) I can't believe it is just around the corner!
Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon sounds cute!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on achieving your 5K goal!
Sadly the half marathon did not happen. My leg began hurting after this race which set me back in training and I got too far behind. Yes, I realize I have not been keeping up with the blog postings! I have a race tomorrow, will post then :)
ReplyDelete