Sunday, September 12, 2010

Run 4 The Greenway 8K

I've been battling recently with a messed up training schedule so I honestly was not prepared for the race yesterday. Earlier in the week my right foot was bothering me (I had the same problem with my left foot about 4 months ago and then the pain just disappeared) As I woke up on Saturday morning, the foot was still bothering me and my lower back was in a lot of pain. It was a rainy, gloomy day and I tired to talk myself out of the run. Finally I gathered myself together and headed out for the race.
My main goal of this race? To actually run the whole thing (unlike the last 5 miler I did and had to walk most of it) and to hopefully not finish dead last (which also happened with that previous 5 miler)
At the start line I began to worry. This was probably the lowest attendance race I had participated in, which made me worry about the whole not finishing last.
I did pretty decent the first 2 miles (averaged a 11:32 pace on both) but then it felt like I was racing all by myself for the remainder. They didn't post a sign for mile 3 so until I saw the sign for mile 4 I was like "where exactly am I and who cares at this point how I am doing, I'm still running (or rather, jogging at this point)"
Both knees hurt during different stages. I really needed to pop my lower back but didn't want to stop. I brought my own water bottle so I wouldn't have to stop at the 3 water stations. The only person I could see behind me past me around the 4 1/2 mile marker. I honestly don't know how many were behind me for me to be happy about "not placing last"
With my awesome GPS watch my official time and distance showed :
4.92 miles at 1:06:11
I treated myself to sushi and sugar free frozen yogurt afterwards.
Now on to the next race, which is next Saturday (and luckily, a 5K)

No comments:

Post a Comment