Today marks the longest distance I've run as of yet in 2012. Half marathon training run of 5 miles through Gibson Park area. Luckily it was a cool enough morning with plenty of cloud coverage. I was actually hoping it would start raining to make it even cooler. This truly is my favorite time of year for running because it always smells so good out in the parks. Kudos to such beautiful running areas in Greensboro/Jamestown - and they continue to grow as well!
This month also marks my 3 year anniversary with running! In May of 2009 I decided to get off my butt and train with the Couch to 5K plan. I'm not for sure where the desire came from, never was much of a runner, although I recall the warm-up runs we had to do in high school if you were on the Track and Field team (I wasn't a runner then, did shot put and discus) and I always enjoyed the runner's high I would get after just that one mile loop. I consider myself a runner but I still have such a long way to go. I don't feel like I LOOK like a runner (nor will I ever) You know what I mean, some folks you can just tell :)
Thought this following photo would be appropriate to post since yesterday was Cinco de Mayo :)

No comments:
Post a Comment